Mitsubishi Projector Lamp information
Are you are thinking of buying a Mitsubishi projector lamp or replacing your existing projector lamp? If yes, you have come to the right place.
Projector lamps are also called projector bulbs or projector light bulbs. They are among the handful of user replaceable parts. The Mitsubishi projectors as well as rear projection TVs are made to use the replacement lamp modules. These can last on the shelf for a long time, but can only last for 1000 to 6000 hours after installation.
You should know that there is a difference between the projector bulb and lamp. The projector lamp is mostly regarded as a complete lamp assembly or module and resembles a box with bulb inside. This box is normally made of a dark composite or metal material. With this complete module, the process for replacement projector lamp will be very easy.
The projector bulb is actually the bulb that is fitted in the lamp module or box. Specialized tools are required to take the old bulb from a lamp assembly.
Mitsubishi TV lamp and projectors are easy to find but not the replacement bulbs or lamps. Those replacement bulbs are mainly produced by Ushio, Philips, Osram, and others.
Since you have to get projector bulb replacement from those big name manufacturers, they can be expensive. With RelampIt there are ways to save money.
Fortunately, it’s possible to find affordable projector lamps and bulbs. Below to help you find affordable, high-quality replacement options:
Ensure that you are buying from a reputable and trustworthy dealer. The lamps that you are buying should be described clearly with a reasonable return policy .
Some companies give misleading information about original lamp modules so be careful. For instance, some vendors state that they are supplying an original Mitsubishi DLP lamp, but this is not true.
Check to see if the great price being offered on projector replacement is for more than just the bare bulb.
With projector lamp prices, check if you are getting the OEM equivalent with the original bulb inside. A must is new lamp cases and a lamp that is assembled professionally.
Keep the projector lamp box for at least 90 days. This will help to ensure that you can get the warranty benefit on the lamp.
Once purchased, consult the user’s manual to get information on projector bulb replacement. Lamps must be disposed of properly as they are considered hazardous waste. Aside from the replacement information, check the different projector lamp technologies as it pertains to wattages. The projector light bulb you have should match the replacement option.
Mitsubishi Projector Lamp Replacement Instructions
Mitsubishi Projectors come with a lamp that is used to project images. Within the course of time the brightness of the lamp will decrease or it may burn out somehow or blow a fuse. Make sure that the lamp which is available is customized to fit exclusively with your projector only. The lamp comes with an interval of 4000hrs of continuous use and with passing time the luminescence or the brightness can decrease. This signals the need for replacement. Mitsubishi projector lamps are easily available in the market.
When planning to change the lamps don’t forget to follow the following steps:
- At first, check whether there is any warranty. If there is one you can get a discount on the replacement projector lamp price.
- If not under warranty, then choose from a wide variety of replacement lamps available.
- Turn off the power switch button and properly unplug the cord connecting the power supply of the Mitsubishi projector lamp.
- Loosen both the screws by using a regular screwdriver and remove the side panel which is in the left side from the projector.
- Loosen the screws with the correct screwdriver and open the lamp cover. Loosen all the screws of the Mitsubishi projector lamps with the help of a screwdriver.
- Pull the handles.
- Carefully take out the lamp box from inside of the projector by the handle while simultaneously holding the projector properly.
Note: Certain important things should be kept in mind while pulling the lamp box from the projector. First, don’t pull it out with a jerking or very fast motion as it may cause breakage of the scattering glass fragments.
Second handle it in a way so that liquid does not get spilled on the removed lamp box. Keep away from any flammable objects. Keep out of reach of the children to prevent injury or fire.
- Load your new replacement projector lamp very securely into the projector in the right orientation.
- One by one put all the handles back into their original positions and don’t forget to check whether it is properly locked or not.Tighten up all the screws that you have opened earlier by using screwdriver.
- Tighten the screws to place the lamp cover (c) securely back to its place.
- Attach the left side of the panel and fix it properly with both of those screws.
- Don’t forget to timer reset the lamp operation time.
- Plug the cord to the main power button of the electricity source and turn it on.Hold down the <, >, and Power buttons on the control panel at the same time for about 3 seconds.